Monday, September 24, 2007

Greetings Mets Fans!


Hellooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

My name is Tony Cohn and I am from Sacramento, CA. I have been a Mets fan since year 4 of life and have been to about 100 Mets road games. Last year, I achieved my life long dream of going to Shea and I saw game one of the NLDS.


Being a Mets fan in California used to be an uncommon thing. However, as the team has gotten better, the number of fellow Mets fans out here has increased exponentially. In fact, I have seen the number of visiting Mets fans basically double in the last few years when I go to LA, AZ or SF.


At Mets away games, I have mastered the art of being a visiting fan. When the Mets hit a home run, I usually dont get too hyped unless they have won the game. Even then, I enjoy messing with the home fans with such quotes as, “Weird, he doesn’t usually hit home runs,” or “I didn’t think that ball was going to get out of here.” I try to act very passive aggressive and get subtle digs in when I can. Most games I wear a Robin Ventura jersey that I bought off eBay.


This blog is designed to give readers a non-NY perspective on the Mets. I hope to share the West Coast’s opinion of the Mets as well as my opinion on the team I love.


Enjoy!

No comments: